Our Hope IT courses are geared for beginners. We offer our courses in October, February and June. We meet for 4 Saturday mornings in these months, and each session is about 2 hours long. You’ll be amazed how quickly you can learn new skills, and we think you will have fun. Join us, and sign up for our next course (by contacting your organization or church leader.)
Hope IT course coming up:
Our next course in October 2022 will be on Robotics. We are planning for an in-person course, hoping the COVID spread will be very low. Reach out if your students are interested.
Courses offered in the past:
We log the Hope IT courses held in the past here for others to both learn from, both to assist others to teach students, as well as students to learn from on their own:
- Introduction to Data Analysis – February 2022 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – October 2021 (remote, on-line)
- Roblox – create games with Roblox Studio – June 2021
- Introduction to Data Analysis – February 2021 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – October 2020 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – June 2020 (remote, on-line)
- Intro to CyberSecurity – Cancelled due to COVID19 (may try again in the future)
- Intro to Python: Solve Mazes – February 2020
- Create Games on Android Phones – October 2019
- Poetry PI: Create Cameras out of Raspberry Pis – February 2019
- Creating your own Web site using HTML – June 2018
Hope IT also had the privilege to teach 2 courses for 6 weeks each, meeting on Wednesday nights with students at Stars in Pasadena. We taught WordPress both times, in Oct/Nov 2020, and again in Jan/Feb 2021.
Last, in September 2021, we had a Basic Computer Skills course for 15 Liberian (Africa) students. How do you guide students that have never touched a computer before? What if a Hope IT student taught this course? That is exactly what happened!
Learn how to type at Typing.com. It’s always helpful to be better at typing.