Our Hope IT courses are geared for beginners. We offer our courses in October, February and June. We meet for 4 Saturday mornings in these months, and each session is about 2 hours long. You’ll be amazed how quickly you can learn new skills, and we think you will have fun. Join us, and sign up for our next course (by contacting your organization or church leader.)
Hope IT course coming up:
Our next in-person course coming up in October 2023 will be teaching Robotics, creating simple circuits, using sensors and motors (servo), and programming some logic for the robot to flash LED lights and respond with its sensors. See this link for an overview. Sign up by clicking here. There is no charge for this course, and again will be an in-person. Reach out if your students are interested.
Courses offered in the past:
We log the Hope IT courses held in the past here for others to learn from, to assist others to teach students, as well as students to learn from on their own:
- Intro to Python: Solve Mazes – June 2023
- WordPress – February 2023 (remote, on-line)
- Introduction to Robotics – October 2022 (first in-person course in 2.5 years)
- Introduction to Data Analysis – February 2022 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – October 2021 (remote, on-line)
- Introduction to Data Analysis – February 2021 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – October 2020 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – June 2020 (remote, on-line)
- Intro to CyberSecurity – Cancelled due to COVID19 (may try again in the future)
- Intro to Python: Solve Mazes – February 2020
- Create Games on Android Phones – October 2019
- Poetry PI: Create Cameras out of Raspberry Pis – February 2019
- Creating your own Web site using HTML – June 2018
Hope IT also had the privilege to have customized courses with our partners, for only their students. See the list of the courses below:
In September 2021, Hope IT was very grateful to partner with Liberia Renewal Ministries (LRM), offering a Basic Computer Skills course for 15 students in Liberia, Africa. How do you guide students that have never touched a computer before? What if a Hope IT student taught this course? That is exactly what happened!
Learn how to type at Typing.com. It’s always helpful to be better at typing.