Our Hope IT courses are geared for beginners. We offer our courses in October, February and June. We meet for 4 Saturday mornings in these months, and each session is about 2 hours long. You’ll be amazed how quickly you can learn new skills, and we think you will have fun. Join us, and sign up for our next course (by contacting your organization or church leader.)
Hope IT course coming up:
Our next course coming up in June 2023 will be teaching the Python programming language, guiding a virtual robot to make better choices to solve a maze. See this link for an overview. Sign up by clicking here. This will be an in-person course. Reach out if your students are interested.
We are also currently partnering with the Door of Hope to offer a Robotics course for their youth in April. See this link for an overview. 2 students that took the course in October will be assistants in this upcoming course. This is the 2nd time we will teach this course.
Courses offered in the past:
We log the Hope IT courses held in the past here for others to learn from, to assist others to teach students, as well as students to learn from on their own:
- WordPress – February 2023
- Introduction to Robotics – October 2022
- Introduction to Data Analysis – February 2022 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – October 2021 (remote, on-line)
- Roblox – create games with Roblox Studio – June 2021
- Introduction to Data Analysis – February 2021 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – October 2020 (remote, on-line)
- WordPress (Learn how to create web sites) – June 2020 (remote, on-line)
- Intro to CyberSecurity – Cancelled due to COVID19 (may try again in the future)
- Intro to Python: Solve Mazes – February 2020
- Create Games on Android Phones – October 2019
- Poetry PI: Create Cameras out of Raspberry Pis – February 2019
- Creating your own Web site using HTML – June 2018
Hope IT also had the privilege come to Stars in Pasadena to teach 3 courses for 6 weeks each, meeting either on Wednesday nights, or Thursday afternoons. See the list of the courses below:
In September 2021, Hope IT was very grateful to partner with Liberia Renewal Ministries (LRM), offering a Basic Computer Skills course for 15 students in Liberia, Africa. How do you guide students that have never touched a computer before? What if a Hope IT student taught this course? That is exactly what happened!
Learn how to type at Typing.com. It’s always helpful to be better at typing.